Featured Hair Clippers
Featured Hair Extensions
Featured Hair Dryer Collection
From the Blog
If your beauty products have taken over the bathroom, most of your bedroom and a little section of the kitchen, we feel you. There's just so many things that are 'essentials' it can be tricky to find a space for them all. When you're a beauty lover, and your products deserve their own suite, sometimes it can be a little difficult to find what you need, when you need it, and a little organisation never hurt anyone. Here are our top hacks for organising your beauty products.
Use plastic sticky hooks for your electricals If you can't get enough of new hair tools, first of all, check out our Aphrodite range, and then stick command hooks to a spare surface to store them. You can do this on the inside of cupboards to save space or somewhere out of reach of little fingers, and it'll make sure your cables don't get all tangled too.
Get a case for your nail polish If you love beautiful nails, then you're going to have a lot of nail polishes and we all know how much of a mess they can make. Invest in a professional nail polish case so you can see exactly what colours you have and find the one you need straight away.
Get a pretty plant pot for storing your makeup brushes Make sure all of your brushes are easy to get to and keep them in a decorative plant pot or container. Set it on your desk, so you never have to scramble around in your drawers for your eyeliner brush again!
Use a revolving spice rack for your daily products This fun hack is a great way to keep all of your daily essentials in one place, saving space and making it easy to access them. Keep it next to your bathroom sink so you can cleanse, tone, moisturise and whatever you want to do without taking up all of the space.
Use a basket to keep all your palettes together Palettes are a girl's best friend, and it's the end of the world when one breaks, so keep them together in a neat basket or container.
- Beauty Hair
Hair dryers, hair steamers, hair straighteners; keeping your hair smooth and tidy often needs many products and, most annoyingly, a relevant time investment. There is a solution to this: a hair straightening brush straightens you hair incredibly quickly, simply by brushing it. Like all innovative ideas, it has a beautiful story.
It is a real alternative to traditional hair straighteners (though they too have their role, depending on what you need!). They make hair straightening an easy and practical process. The idea comes from the "desperate" need of a girl who got an awful haircut, and did not know how to fix her hair before going to school. She thought: "I wish I had a brush that could straighten my hair in five minutes!", and asked her engineer father to build it for her. And he created it.
What's a hair straightening brush made of, exactly?
It is made of ceramic, with small 3D bristles that get warmed up everywhere but on the tips. The bristles end with a black tip which stays cold, so you can use it without burning your scalp!
How to use a hair straightening brush
Wash and dry your hair with a hair dryer. Don't put any spray on it that could make it harder for the brush to run through your hair smoothly. Brush your hair with an ordinary brush so you don't get struck on any big knots. If your hair is dry, avoid heat damage by using masks full of nutrients, and make your hair more sleek and shiny by adding some oils after having eliminated excessive water. Brush your hair slowly, stopping for a bit in the areas where your hair is curliest. You can use it as if you were using a normal brush, or by passing it from the internal side of your hair. For optimal results, divide your hair into sections.
What kind of hair is a hair straightening brush for?
It can be used on all kinds of hair, but it works best on wavy hair. If your hair is very curly, our Aphrodite Hair Straighteners series also has ultra hot hair straighteners which will work perfectly for you! The straightening hair brush doesn't do any damage to the hair, since the temperature is constant at 180 degrees, and it is covered in ceramic, which is a substance that distributes heat with less impact.
How long does it take?
Every busy woman has to rush off to a number of responsibilities in the morning, and hair should never get in the way of that. This is why the Aphrodite hair straightening brush only takes five to ten minutes to do its job.
An extra piece of advice
For some graceful curls on the tips of you hair, you can turn the brush on itself as you run it through your locks. It will give you a cool, vintage Hollywood glamour.
- Beauty Hair
1. Moisturise – Keeping your nails and the skin around them hydrated is crucial to ensuring the area is as healthy as possible. Regularly applying a good quality hand and nail moisturiser will protect your skin and nails against any damage.
2. Oil them up – Soak your nails in a Vitamin E oil the night before the manicure and again after you’ve removed the gel polish. This will keep your nail beds hydrated and prevent any brittleness or breakages.
3. Time to repair – A top of the range nail repair treatment, such as Chroma Gel Fix'n'Protect, will do wonders for your nails in between, or during, your gel polish treatments. Fix’N’Protect is a completely revolutionary product on the beauty scene - using cutting-edge nail technology to nourish, toughen and grow the top layers of your nails. The best part: it can be removed without causing any damage to the nail at all. So, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t add it to your nail care regime today.
4. Absolutely no picking - This is one of the golden rules of gel polishes. No matter how bored or fidgety you’re feeling, never ever start picking at them. This can cause damage to the natural nail underneath. Instead, use the Chroma Gel Soak Off Remover Acetone, or book an appointment with your manicurist to remove the gel polish without harming the nails underneath.
5. You are what you eat – Last but not least, your diet is an important factor in ensuring healthy skin, hair and nails. Your fingernails are formed of Keratin, a protein which can be strengthened by adding vitamins and nutrients to your diet, including biotin, fatty oils (such as those found in fish oil, avocado or nuts) and Vitamin E.
- Beauty Hair